rubber dam

Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Class started at 7am today instead of 8am. We all met in the clinic and our individual Fundamentals of Restorative Dentistry row instructors each took an impression with alginate of our maxillary arches. I was lucky to be one of the first, so I was all done pouring up my mold by 7:30 and I had another hour until lecture. I spent the time studying for anatomy.

Anatomy at Pacific is a huge class. I spend half the time just trying to get a grasp on what is going on, and the other half of the time in lecture. In any given week this quarter, we spend 10 hours a week spread over 3 days. The only other class that comes close to that is Operative, which all day every Thursday. For any future Pacific students, make sure to take a physiology, anatomy, and histology course before coming to Pacific, if you can. You'll thank me later when you are going to bed at a decent hour.

For the remainder of the morning we had restorative lab. We learned how to mount our casts onto our articulators. We spent a lot of time polishing them up and making them look presentable. Pacific does a great job on reminding us of the practical applications of things. Although it makes things harder, instructors demand excellence in presentation of our projects. The bar is high but I prefer it that way. I like making something that I know in the end is going to look really good.

After lunch, we had biochem and anatomy lecture. Biochem covered the 3-d structures of proteins and anatomy dealt with blood. We were done by 4pm, instead of 5pm.

I stayed after school until 8pm working on my preps on #19 and #31. They are looking good, but I still need more practice. My hand skills have come a long way in 3 weeks.

After I got home, I ate some dinner with the family. Then I got out my wax tooth, popped in a movie, and widdled away at my little piece of art. It's due on Monday, so I need to get all finished up so I can study for my biochem test.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home