rubber dam

Monday, July 25, 2005

10 More hours of Lecture Today

Monday, July 25, 2005

Arrived at school at 6:30am. Spent the next 90 minutes studying histology slides and notes. By, 7am, the place was packed with other first year students doing the same thing. The quiz was at 8am. It was tough. We had to identify structures on slides, answer fill-in-the-blank questions, and write an essay about one of three topics. I choose to write the essay on muscle contraction and to diagram the gross and histological structure of skeletal muscle.

The remainder of the day was OCP. We had a lecture in the morning on how to give a Head and Neck Exam to new patients. At 10:30am, we went down to the clinic and practiced spray-wipe-spray and taking vital signs (blood pressure and pulse). There are three of us in my group, and we each had to take a turn sanitizing the operatory and taking vitals.

Once we were finished, I had a quick lunch and then ran upstairs to the simlab to work on cutting preps in #31 and #19. My most common mistake is that I cut the distal or mesial end of the prep to shallow. I need to get my bur aligned more correctly so that I make a better cut.

After our lunch our, we had a health history lecture followed by an oral cancer lecture. The latter was tad bit dry. By the time 4pm rolled around, I was ready to get home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home