rubber dam

Friday, July 15, 2005

First Week is Over

Friday, July 15, 2005

The first week is finished. Only 119 more to go until graduation, haha! I feel like I've finally got a handle on how to get around the building. I also finally got all of the different syllabi read, so I've got a little better idea of what assignments are due. However, at the same time, next week will be much busier than this week. Next Thursday we start our first cavity prep on a tooth. We also start other pre-clinical work.

The reading assignments for the classes aren't too bad. In fact, most 2nd year students say it's pointless to read the books. They say that the professors all test off the notes. That sounds nice, but if you could see the amount of homework and projects I have in my To Do list you might change your mind.

I decided to go with the 3.5X magnification loupes. I think I'd like to have a better look at my preps. The extra $675 is hard to swallow, but in the bigger picture it's only a small drop in the ocean of debt I'll amass over the next 3 years.

Today, we had seven hours of lecture--one hour of ethics, one hour of biochem, and five hours of human anatomy. I wasn't as tired today. I must be getting used to the schedule. That's nice. After classes, the Alumni came and fed us Cioppino. It's a fantastic stew with large prawns, crabs, and scallops. You use your hands to eat the prawns and crabs, so you get really messy, which is part of the fun. The experience really added to the uniqueness of Pacific. All you future Pacific students will really like it.

Tonight, the first year students are out at another all night party. This one is at the Velvet Lounge. It promised to be a good time.

Tomorrow, I'm going into the lab to work on my preps. I had fun doing it on Thursday, and the course instructors recommend we practice one hour a day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home