rubber dam

Friday, July 08, 2005

Tired and Exhausted

Friday, July 8, 2005 7:43pm

We arrived at the school around 7:15am, and to my surprise, there were already at least half of the students there. What was even wierder was that they were all wearing blue dress shirts. It was almost like it was coordinated by Pacific.

After a short breakfast, we moved down to room 103 on the first floor where Dr. Dugoni, the dean, addressed us for two hours. He talked about the responsibility we had as students, the return on our investment, our health, and other various topics. I was impressed with his candor and his experience. It was obvious this man had had his finger on the pulse of dentistry for nearly 60 years.

After listening to the dean, we had to do some paperwork, pick up some lab clothes (smocks and gloves) and eat lunch.

After lunch, it was Christmas at Pacific. We went up to sim labs and unpacked $16,000 worth of equipment. I got a first look at my hi-speed and low-speed handpieces. We also got to check out all of the burs that we will have to become familiar with. I couldn't believe all of the stuff we unpacked. In the end we unpacked 4 or 5 good size boxes (around 2' x 2'). Essentially, we unpacked enough stuff to run a one operatory dental office. I wish I could list some of the things we unpacked, but I'm not even sure what it all was.

By 4:30, I was exhausted. The second year students who were there to help us unpack invited all the first years to a night out at the "Dirty Martini." I passed. I had other plans.

Tomorrow, we go into school to get our laptops. I'm a little geeked out to get it. It'll be nice to have a good computer. Check back tomorrow for more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home