rubber dam

Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Making A First Impression . . .

Wednesday, July 21, 2005

This morning we did our took our first impressions using alginate of the maxillary and mandibular arches. It took me 4X on each arch before I got an impression that was acceptable. We are scored on scale of 1 to 5--5 being the best. You get 2 points just for coming to class, 3 points for attempting to do the task, 4 points if it's good, and 5 points if it is perfect. Some row instructors tell you what you got, and others don't. My row instructor doesn't tell.

After we took the impressions, we had to pour stone into them to prepare a nice looking stone model of our simulators' arches. The trick was to get no bubbles or airpockets in the final mold. I got lucky and didn't have any in either the maxillary or mandibular arch. Unfortunately, when I was trimming the base and sides of the model down to size, I accidentally shaved about 3 mm off the distal part of one of the third molars--now I have to try again. I have until next Wednesday to finish it up.

During the afternoon, we had a biochem lecture and an anatomy lecture. We just finished discussing water in biochem and started talking about amino acids in biochem. In anatomy, we had a lecture on bone formation--both interosseous and endochondral. We have a quiz in anatomy on Monday that covers all the material up to this Friday. The quiz is 30 questions, non-multiple choice. Upper classman say it's a test not a quiz. I guess that means another long night of memorizing info.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home