rubber dam

Friday, February 10, 2006

A Little Break

Ah...the weekend is here at last. Actually, you might call it the calm before the storm. We have 3 practicals and a physiology test in the coming week! I'm not sure when we will have time to study for the physiology test.

I passed my operative practical on Thursday. I went a little to deep (instead of 1.5mm, I was 1.7mm), and at 1.75mm a student fails! Isn't it insane that .25mm is enough to go from passing to failing? Sometimes I just have to shake my head.

In dental anatomy on Tuesday, we were assigned another project (this on top of 3 or 4 others that are due over the next 4 weeks). We are waxing up from 5 to 12. A big project, but not too tough...just time consuming.

I was excited for my fixed class on Wednesday. I thought I had done a lot of good prep work during the week prior to the class, and I was sure my row instructor would notice. But, instead, she found everything wrong that I had done and then told me to try harder. When professors told me this during the first quarter, I was a little taken back. But, by this quarter, I just accept that it's true, and that I have a long way to go until I'm going to be creating really good products.

I'm going to have a nice weekend, and try not to think about school too much. I'll post more early next week.

2 Comments:

  • Thanks for starting to post again. It has been really helpful and intriguing to follow. Best of luck to you.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:17 AM  

  • Ah, it's so true. Even when I am really proud of myself for cutting my best prep ever, my instructors remind me there is so much more to improve on. I'd rather be cutting preps than studying physiology any day though! I'm so glad you're posting again, it's nice to relate to your experiences.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home